Shield Ecosystem Update — September 2021
September was unquestionably a great month for the Shield team, with some exciting projects. The following is a rundown of the month’s major highlights.
- Shield Mainnet Beta Launch
Shield Mainnet Beta went live on September 23, 2021, at 12 pm UTC.
- A Letter From the Founder of Shield Perpetual Option Protocol
This letter discussed various aspects of Shield, such as its origins, the problems we are attempting to solve, and so on.
- Shield Bonanza Season featuring Shield Debate & Video contest
We are hosting Bonanza Season from September 16th to October 23rd.
Shield Mainnet Beta Launch
Shield Mainnet Beta went live on September 23, 2021, at 12 pm UTC. Shield will focus on developing on-chain perpetual options and encouraging wider adoption of this brand-new decentralized product following the Mainnet Beta launch.
Shield is also planning to launch a killer financial products-standard perpetual at the end of 2021, as well as the V2.0-Shield Protocol, with the goal of becoming the derivatives trading market’s infrastructure.
To gain early access to the Shield Mainnet Beta, follow four simple steps.
- Here is the link to the landing page.
- Fill in the answers as required and click Submit.
- Check your inbox for the application link and wait;
- Shield will notify you via email when you will be able to access it.
Trading Pair: BTC-USDT
Deposit Capacity per address: 10 BTC
Genesis Mining: Provide Liquidity on Public Pool
Shield genesis liquidity mining began on September 23 at 12 pm UTC. It is worth noting that liquidity mining for public pools is open to the public, and it is the community’s first opportunity to earn $SLD. All you have to do is deposit your stablecoins (USDT) tokens into the farming contract to earn around 30 percent APY profit at the beginning. In the real market environment, the APY may vary depending on the TVL and $SLD prices.
On September 22nd, 11 am (UTC), @Charles_Shield hosted an AMA session for everything users wanted to know about Mainnet Beta.
A Letter From the Founder of Shield Perpetual Option Protocol
This letter discussed various things about Shield like:
- The origin of Shield
- What problem are we attempting to solve, such as Perpetual Options planning, and what challenges have we encountered, such as price latency, poor price availability, Traditional Options are difficult to popularise, making it difficult to meet trading needs, pricing perpetual options on-chain, and how to obtain sufficient liquidity while controlling the risk of liquidity provision are all issues that must be addressed (market-making).
- Decentralized DEX or Decentralized Trading Protocol
- ShieldDAO and Decentralized Governance
- What’s next in crypto: Web 3.0 and Relations of production network.
- Shield’s vision
In September 2021, we hosted a series of Shield Debates on Twitter and we’re so excited to share some of the interesting content with you! Different perspectives of feedback and talks are all welcomed here.
1. No risk of position liquidation
Credits to https://twitter.com/D_forDemon/status/1438423651875913729?s=20
Credits to https://twitter.com/RcktRidnYourMom/status/1441347858528047104?s=20
Credits to https://twitter.com/a85785885/status/1443633478621298691?s=20
Bonanza Season Community Happy Hour
Starting with the Community Happy Hour, we’ve received a number of great UGC videos by Shielders! Make sure to check it out: To learn detailed info about Shield: https://youtu.be/CcPlLyBKaAQ
To trade step-by-step: https://youtu.be/lqtMlXg9T9g
We have more exciting news in the coming months. Stay tuned!
Connect with us on Twitter, Medium, Discord, and Telegram to stay updated on these developments and more news about Shield.