A Beginner’s Guide — How to Trade on Shield Binance Smart Chain Testnet
To trade on Shield Binance Smart Chain (BSC), you will have to follow just 3 easy steps:
- Install Metamask wallet
- Configuring BSC on Metamask
- Get BNB token and test ShieldDAI
1. Install MetaMask wallet
Head over to https://shieldex.io and start trading.
Click on the “MetaMask” button, it will direct you to the download website. After you download MetaMask, a notification pop-up will allow you to “Add to Chrome.” Your MetaMask wallet will then be set up on your browser.
Once you are sorted with MetaMask, the next step to begin trading on Shield BSC is connecting the Binance Smart Chain to your MetaMask account. The Shield team has eased the steps with a single-click “switch to BSC network” button.
2. Configuring BSC in Metamask
- Since you already installed and set up MetaMask, you just need to head to https://shieldex.io/dds.html#/trade. Then click on “Connect Wallet”.
2. You will see a popup as shown below. Just click on the “ Switch to BSC testnet” button.
3. After switching to BSC testnet, your interface will look like this. Notice the BSC Test Network title on your MetaMask.
3. Get BNB token and test ShieldUSDC
- Now, to get your BNB test tokens as gas on BSC, just click on the ”BNB-Faucet” drop down option.
2. Input your BSC address to claim your Test ShieldUSDC
3. Go back to trading page and click on “Test ShieldUSDC”.
4. Click “Claim” to get your Test ShieldUSDC
5. Click “Confirm” to process.
6. Now, you should have USDC on the top right corner of the page.
Congratulations! You are all set and good to go, Shielders!
- The address for BSC in MetaMask is precisely the same as ETH.
- Remember to add some BNB tokens to your MetaMask wallet. It is fairly similar to the role of ETH in Ether and is used as a transaction fee.
- If the token is not visible in your MetaMask wallet, you may need to add a token in BSC. To do so, you must find the option of “Add Token,” in which you can add a “Custom Token,” which will be BNB. Then, paste the contract address corresponding to the coin to add it.
- Test ShieldDAI contract address: 0x21160DcCF818c5D8df20AbfA1B937ea3Ba1bD451